Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Indonesia Traditional Recipe, food Recipe for engineer, food recipe for busy people, cooking recipe for clueless, resep masakan, resep makanan,indonesia recipe, vietnamese recipe, thailand recipe, asian recipe, japanese recipe
The taste of Kalasan Fried Chicken is simply hard to explain...
It's salty but sweet with unique aroma...
It's one of my favorites...
Especially when served with hot chili sauce combined with sweet ketchup...
- 4 pcs Big Red Chili (omit the seeds)
- 100 cc of coconut water
- 1 pc Tomato (Cut into 4 pcs)
- 2 pcs Shallots (1 pc cut into 2 pcs)
- 3 pcs of Salam leaves or bay leaves as a substitute
- 1 pc of Galangal (bruised)
- 1 pc of Brown Sugar
- 1 chicken (cut into smaller pieces)
1. Simmer chicken with coconut water, salt and all the ingredients until the water has almost
evaporated and the chicken is tender.
2. Drain and allow to cool.
3. Set aside the red chili, tomato and red onion from the chicken to make the chili sauce.
4. Deep-fried chicken in hot oil until golden brown but do not fried it too crunchy.
5. The chicken is ready to be served with the chili sauce